We were founded in 1954 by a group of engineers who wanted to continue to hear about new things in Engineering. However we weren't the first engineering society in Kendal.
In 1854 the Kendal Literary and Scientific Society was formed of which Wordsworth and Southey were Founder members. It met in Stricklandgate House http://openplaques.org/plaques/11413 It later became the town's museum and library.
Information on the original meeting isn't available now but we do have photos from the 1970's Anyone who can identify the people, please contact the secretary.
For information contact the Secretary - David Stocks
tel. 01524 298313